Old Court House of Lachute

This court house, inspired by the Second Empire style, was built in 1887 and today houses the MRC d’Argenteuil administration. The mandate consisted of restoring all of the original woodwork along with the masonry of the main façade, restoration and waterproofing of the building’s foundations, and the replacement of aluminum windows with wooden models faithful to the original design. Further works were carried out to the covering of the porch entrance, to the rear vaulted section of the building, and to the original iron cresting.
Award: «Projet remarquable» 2009 du Conseil des Monuments et Sites du Québec
/files/images/th_4477_exterior_1.jpg /files/images/th_4477_exterior_2.jpg