Erskine and American Church

This church dates from 1894 and was conceived of by Alexander Hutchison. The Montreal Museum of Fine Arts acquired the church in 2006 with plans to integrate it with the New Pavilion of Canadian Art. The project encompassed a complete restoration of windows and Tiffany stained glass, masonry restoration, replacement of the floors waterproofing membranes in the two bell towers, and repair of the West tower copper coating. The masonry section of the building located above the new tunnel was dismantled and rebuilt as the original, but with the integration of a rainscreen.

/files/images/th_4537_exterior_1.jpg /files/images/th_4537_exterior_2.jpg /files/images/th_4537_exterior_3.jpg